|HOME CONTACT US PARTS VIEW CART|
- Keep the interior clean. Vapor can transfer grease and residues to the cavity, causing rust and corrosion of the interior.
- Never cook popcorn directly on the bottom!! These little bags have foil strips on the inside which will instantly discolor the bottom and warp the turntable. Instead, place popcorn on an inverted plate or bowl.
- Always cover every item, especially the potatoes. Food gives off steam which starts the corrosion process.
- If you have a turntable, be sure to clean under it regularly.
- The metal racks which come with some models are a convenience only, and should not be left in the unit if cooking on the turntable.
Troubleshooting chart - most common problems and possible causes:
The following chart lists a variety of common problems and nearly all possible causes. Diagnostic procedures will then be needed to determine which actually apply. The 'possible causes' are listed in *approximate* order of likelihood.
Problem: Totally dead oven.
1. No power to outlet (overload or fault in microwave or other appliance).
2. Blown main fuse - likely due to other problems.
3. Open thermal protector or thermal fuse.
4. Defective controller or its power supply.
5. Clock needs to be set before other functions will operate (some models).
Problem: No response to any buttons on touchpad.
1. Door is not closed (some models).
2. You waited to long (open and close door to wake it up).
3. Controller is confused (pull plug for a minute or two to reset).
4. Defective interlock switches.
5. Faulty controller or its power supply.
6. Touchpad or controller board contaminated by overenthusiastic cleaning.
7. Defective/damaged touchpad.
Problem: Oven runs when door is still open.
1. Damaged interlock assembly.
2. Cooling fans (only) running due to bad sensor or still warm.
Problem: Oven starts on its own as soon as door is closed.
1. Defective triac or relay.
2. Controller is confused (pull plug for a minute or two to reset).
3. Defective controller or its power supply.
4. Touchpad or controller board contaminated by overenthusiastic cleaning.
5. Defective/damaged touchpad.
Problem: Oven works but display is blank.
1. Defective controller or its power supply.
2. Broken display panel.
3. Oven needs to be reset (pull plug for a minute or two to reset).
New Training course for Microwave Ovens!
If you have ever desired to learn how to diagnose and fix any problem with a microwave oven, then this Microwave CD Handbook is just for you!
Written by J. Carlton Gallawa, a distinguished expert in the field, this handbook contains everything a professional technician could want to know regarding microwave servicing and diagnosis. Click the graphic above to see more on this wonderful opportunity!
We carry microwave parts and accessories at our 16 warehouse locations. Call us toll-free for any part you may need at 1-800-507-4040
Special of the week!
These great tools can help you make your diagnosis and repairs with ease!
Both items are specially priced right now, so click the pics to check them out!
Need a Repair Manual?